In 1881, by an imperial decree, the center was created Haitia at the site of the present Khalouia.
The center will be built in the town-mixed following Cacherou (Current Sidi Kada) it will be called Sonis around 1958, it will become as mixed full year.
Currently Khalouia is one of forty-seven communes of the Wilaya of Mascara. Administratively, it belongs with the municipalities of El Bordj Menaouer- and the Daira El Bordj.
With an area of 20 square kilometers, the municipality of Khalouia is limited:
- In the north and east by the municipality of El Bordj
- The south by the municipalities of Tighennif and Maoussa.